Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Personal Style

I intitially was trying to capture steam in this photo. I then noticed the brilliant colors if the flame and the candle. What specifically intrested me was the circle of warmth on the wall behind the candle. I tried to bring that out by using photoshop.

In this photo I focused on the colors and their warmth. I like how the dirt and wearing away of the paint is so clear and crisp.

I love how the red in this photo is so bringht and alive. When I fisrt took it, the flash reflected perfectly off of the candle wax and contributed to its supernatural look.

The light on this flower is very appealling to the eye. Alot is going on in the picture, but the eye is drawn to the flower, its color and the fact that it is in the foreground and very clear.

The design, color and state of being of this object compelled me to take a picture of it. I like the warmth of the composicion as well as the contrast in colors. For example the shadow of the stool below or the purple in the upper left hand corner.

I can't believe that I was able to capture the steam and the liquid falling from the pie!!! Everything in the foreground is so clear and the background is nice and misty. The steam adds some interesting lines and the light in this photo is very comforting. I think that this photo is the definition of the ideal apple pie, the portrait of a home, and the "American dream."
 


 My absolute favorite is black and white. In all of my photos I experimented with brightness and contrast. I choose this picture because of the light falling on the hand.

I had fun with this picture. I love all of the textures and the contrast. I like alot of contrast, but I also like the picture to look realistic and not photoshoped. It is always hard to find a happy medium because sometimes the two characteristics are not mutually exclusive.
 
I love the light reflection in this picture. The contrast and the various shades of black to white are fun.The perspective is also strange and confusing.


I really like the black and white in this photo. The glass adds an interesting depth and layer. I upped the contrast and made the photo darker.

This chandeler is intrestingly sideways. From the angle that I took it from, it looked like it was swinging. I made the lights appear bringhter, but I wish that I could make them even brighter and more reflective.
 
This last one doesn't look purely black and white, there are so many shades. I like the variety of textures and the differences between the the lights and darks.

No comments:

Post a Comment