Friday, May 24, 2013

Portraits of Others

Mike uses light in all of his photos. He also uses water and relection. In the photo I took of him there is a relfection on the glass of the door. Also in some of his earlier work, he chhose to use black and white so I tried to incorporate that.

Winslow alaways takes his photos from an interesting perspective. His photos often have an urban background with lots of movement and interesting lines and angles. Although I don't have many leading lines, I tried to use shapes and depth to convey what his photos usually do.

Sebastian uses light in many of his photos. I think that this is his style because of the lights, the shadows, and the interesting shapes and dimensions they form. The pipe behind his head reminds me of a musical instrument as well as the movement on his left sleeve.

Lotus always emphasizes eyes in her photos. While her photos use darker colors, I thought her hair provided the darkness, her eyes the joy, and the white background provides an interesting value like her Richard Avedon photos.  
Frankie always uses light in her photos. In one of her photos of Benji she had his face fading into the darkness. I tries to do the same in my portrait of her. Her subjects always are making an interesting face, or she takes the photo from an unique angle.

Veronica often takes photos with flowers in the background. She uses colors to contrast, but I chose to use black and white because of the light on her face and the contrast it would provide for the leaves and tiny flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment