Thursday, December 6, 2012

Emulating the Style of JR

 
This is like JR's style because of the positioning of the portrait next to a part of everyday life: a corner store. I burned the edges and I think that the burns coincide with the duraflame box in the corner. I think I overdid the burned edges, but overall the composision was successful

I like this picture because it looks slightly more realistic. The dirty sidewalk and the cigarette on the ground are interesting to me. I didn't even notice it on the ground whent I took the picture. Burning the edges definetly was an interesting tool for me.

I like the colors a lot in this picture. It doesn't remind me too much of JR, because of the size of the portrait. Also JR's sidewalk galleries and portraits tend to be taken in more interesting and busy enviornments.

I think that this composision was the most successful out of all six. Although the portrait is small compared to JR's, the background makes it more realistic and more interesting. I like the photo much better in black and white with high contrast (but then again I like everything better in black and white).

Here it is black and white. As a photo I really think that it is pleasing, but Jr's photos of his installations are never in black and white.

 
This photo could definetly be an installation, but the background was not succesful. JR would not have posted one of his portraits on this wall. I think that this would be a good religious portrait, but it would be more successful placed somewhere else.
 



 This last one I just had fun with. I edited the backgroung and worked on it loosely. I think that it could be bigger and look more realistic.

This is just a backgound that I photgraphed for this project. I think that it is very interesting, but it is not busy enough and it is not really JR's style.

I like this background, but I think that it would look bettwe if there were some boxes or trash in the picture. I think that a sad portrait would be perfect for this background because of the water droplets on the hand rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment