Monday, October 15, 2012

Eight Portraits Emulating the Style of Richard Avedon

This picture is so clearly black and white. The cross and the glasses add so much personality to the subject, while the look in her eyes conveys a sadness masked by her entire demeanor.

This picture is black and white, but after some editing I added more contrast and fading, and it began to look more brownish. The look in the subject's eyes is one of ambition and boyish delight. I also like that the fabric is folded in such a way that it gives the illusion of sun being cast down on the subject.

In this picture, the subject looks confident and at ease. I am grateful that I was able to catch this moment.

The connection with the camera that the subject has in this photo is awesome! She looks so comfortable, relaxed, and pretty.

 I love how I was able to catch this moment of sadness and acceptance. I think that the eyes convey something real and the mouth does too.

This picture is very unique. I love to play with texture, so I choose a bumpy white background for this photo. It is less traditional. The subject's eyes are really intriguing although they are not looking at the camera.

This picture is so real to me. The subjects eye's are so soft, while the picture is hard and contrasting. The picture is a contradiction. There is a loving smile on the subject's face, while he is also stern.

I love the contrast in this photo. The subject looks so elegant, powerful and yet sad too. I think that it truly emulates Richard Avedon's style through its beauty and true emotion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment